We’re about independent aging
TRAIL of Johnson County, an IRC Sec. 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, was formed when two groups of Iowa City-area neighbors and friends, who are at or near retirement age, discovered their shared interest in aging in place. Rather than moving to traditional senior-living facilities, we prefer to remain in our own homes as we grow older.
But we recognize that we’ll need assistance along the way, from home repair to personal care. And that’s how TRAIL was born.
A “virtual village” for at-home help
TRAIL’s mission is to help older adults in Johnson County live and age safely and comfortably in their own homes.
Our core values and goals
To encourage healthy communities throughout Johnson County, we support:
- Vibrant, cohesive, diverse, multigenerational neighborhoods
- Affordable housing for all
- Public-private partnerships
- Healthy lifestyles
TRAIL of Johnson County is committed to:
- Respect for others, regardless of age or circumstance
- Integrity in the conduct of all TRAIL activities
- Transparency in our business decisions and financial transactions
- Sustainability for our organization and the Earth we share
- Collaboration with individuals and groups that advance our mission
Donate or Join!
TRAIL is now accepting donations and membership applications online.