Help us help older adults at home
TRAIL volunteers are essential to our success. Volunteers assist our members in a variety of important ways, all of which are helping older Johnson County adults age more securely in their own homes:
- Home services, such as simple repairs, errands, and outdoor chores
- Transportation to and from appointments, meetings, or shopping
- Medical advocacy, i.e., accompanying members to doctor’s appointments, asking questions, and recording
- The Rise and Shine program
for members who desire daily contact with TRAIL
- Helping to organize and staff social, cultural and educational programming to help TRAIL members make new friends, explore their interests, and remain active and engaged in our community
TRAIL held its first volunteer training session on Feb. 20, 2017. Participants included (standing, L to R) F. Cassiliano, Mindy Paulsen, Walter Helms, Hank Madden, Nancy Husted, and (front row, L to R) Barbara Stein, Kaleigh Gilmore, Lorraine Bowans, and Barbara Plakans .
Click here to download a PDF that explains our Volunteer Services Program in more detail.
In whatever capacity you’d like to serve, we’d love to have you as part of the TRAIL team!
For TRAIL members: To request volunteer services (Full members only), contact our office at 319-800-9003 during office hours (9AM-1PM, M-F), and staff or volunteers will assist you.