Exec. Director search
TRAIL of Johnson County, the Iowa City-based nonprofit that helps older adults age in place, is seeking a proven nonprofit leader to serve as its Executive Director (ED). As TRAIL’s chief staff officer, the ED oversees the day-to-day operations of the organization; provides leadership and support to the Board of Directors and its committees; and works with the Board to develop and achieve strategic priorities to advance the mission and success of the organization.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years’ nonprofit leadership experience, preferably in social services
- Fundraising and membership marketing experience
- Demonstrated community engagement and networking skills, including the ability to build professional relationships and work with a broad range of internal and external constituents
- Experience with staff supervision and volunteer management
- Financial acumen and experience with nonprofit budgeting, accounting, and reporting
- Strong computer skills and social media competencies; experience with Microsoft Office products, CRM software, and web-based organizational and data management tools
- High energy, positive person who is self-motivated, well-organized, has excellent written and oral communication abilities, and enjoys working with older adults
This is a fulltime exempt position offering a flexible work schedule and retirement benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Download the full position description here.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Application form (in PDF format to download and complete online; or Word format to print and complete by hand)
Please send these application materials to [email protected] by July 24, 2020. TRAIL of Johnson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.